Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Premier San Antonio Company is adding to the team due to growth. This well- established Company is known for its phenomenal benefits, single digit turnover, team atmosphere, internal promotion track record, and work life balance. It has an incredible reputation for being people centric and a huge contributor to the community.
Every person in this role has been able to fast track into management within a year. This is a great opportunity to truly drive the business and work in a non-routine, project-based arena.
Offers great visibility; looking for person who wants to be a part of the whole process!
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist’s primary responsibility will be to review requests from internal business partners needing supplies and services. The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will advise business partners and related stakeholders on contractual risk and mitigating factors, in the course of negotiations and prior to execution as well as act as a Global Sourcing Liaison with a variety of internal business partners and stakeholders.
• Lead contract negotiations and preparation, including issuing approval of contract documents, subcontracts and purchase orders.
• Research new materials for design and cost savings and avoidance
• Develop and implement new sourcing strategies to deliver cost reductions and process simplification
• Maintain existing relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, and establish new relationships to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
• Managing the creation, development and maintenance of contracts, statements of work and other documents (internal and supplier paper).
• Ensuring that all contract changes (e.g. addendum) are recorded in correct format, and that the performance of the contractual obligations is properly tracked and documented.
• Assist in defining the best practices for receipt and dissemination of contractual documents, both internal and external to the organization.
• Management of the contract global sourcing plan in accordance with approved corporate and or project policies, procedures, plans, strategy and budgets.
• Communicate with bidders and suppliers or subcontractors on all global sourcing related matters.
• Oversee the preparation of the bid inquiry documents, bid tabulations and selection recommendations.
• Interface and document requirements from internal stakeholders and business partners management, and other departments as required.
• Perform document control and maintain contract files in a manner that supports accounting and audit purposes throughout construction and close-out.
- Bachelors degree
- High energy with a positive attitude
- Team Player
- Demonstrated strong contract negotiation skills
- Able to resolve contracts and pricing issues
- Detail oriented and adheres to deadlines
- Knowledge of procurement best practices, import regulations, competitive bidding, market conditions, general contract terms and conditions is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Results oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines.
- Able to demonstrate excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Experience with day-to-day management of complex outsourcing arrangements
- Excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a matrixed organization
- 5 plus years’ experience in a corporate procurement
Bonus & Great Benefits