What is StreetSide?
StreetSide is a new grocery delivery and curbside pickup service offered at select United Supermarkets/Market Street locations. StreetSide makes it easy for guests to place orders 24-hours a day, and pick up curbside at a time convenient for them, or have it delivered directly to their homes. Orders are carefully selected and bagged by Personal Shoppers, guaranteeing the freshest product, longest available shelf lives, careful handling and the same ultimate service the United Family is known for.
The StreetSide Personal Shopper is responsible for selecting StreetSide online orders and packaging them in accordance with Store Operations Policies. He/She is responsible for ensuring that all perishable and non-perishable merchandising areas in relation to StreetSide are clean and free of debris.
- When a guest enters my area or department, my first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage that guest
- Accurately selects the highest quality product offering for our StreetSide guests to meet and exceed company expectations of providing Ultimate Service
- Packages, transports, and loads groceries and merchandise from the store to the guests’ vehicle
- Assists in selecting, sorting, unloading merchandise from baskets or totes into refrigeration, frozen, or dry storage area, and returning products to their proper location
- Gathers baskets and picks up trash inside and outside the StreetSide area as needed
- Maintains and stocks bag areas
- Provides Ultimate Service by answering product-related questions, locating products, and helping guests as needed.
- Organizes, cleans, and prepares prep area, backroom, and sales floor for incoming trucks
- Loads, unloads, and moves heavy, bulky products to support StreetSide order selection
- Maintains standards for safety and sanitation
- Minimize shrink through careful handling of product
- Achieve productivity standards as set forth by the company
- Comply with all Federal, State, and Company regulations and standards for product freshness, food safety, and sanitation
- Utilize digital handheld to select items necessary to complete order from store, to pack and put away guest orders in staging area, and to retrieve orders for guests
- Other duties as required or assigned by supervisor
- Excellent guest service skills and communication skills
- Operate all ordering and backroom equipment required for StreetSide services
- Perform all physical aspects of the job including bending, squatting, lifting, climbing, and walking and at times running
- Ability to lift from ground level to overhead, carry and maneuver items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule depending on business needs. (i.e. weekends, holidays, special occasions)
- Ability to prioritize and handle cross functional tasks
- Ability to work safely and quickly in a fast paced environment
- Ability to function as a team member and get along with others
- Ability to accept supervisory coaching related to performance, work habits and attitude
This job description is intended to provide a high-level of general requirements for this position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure proper operations.
Ultimate Service Superior Performance Positive Impact