Vidant Medical Center - Greenville
NOT ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Medical Center, located in Greenville, North Carolina, are seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to work with Stroke Neurohospitalists on its dedicated inpatient stroke service. Vidant Medical Center is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. New graduates accepted.
Greenville, NC is located 80 miles west of the beautiful North Carolina coastline and 80 miles east of Raleigh.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at a 974-bed Level 1 Trauma Center
- The existing neuroscience team consists of 8 neurosurgeons, including 2 dual-trained cerebrovascular neurosurgeons, an interventional neurologist, a neuro-oncologist, stroke neurohospitalists, neurologists, neurointensivists, and a large team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- 100% inpatient - No nights
- Stroke Consultative Service co-managing patients with the Hospitalist Service
- Work closely with Stroke Neurohospitalists - new consults and follow-up cases, participation in acute stroke management
- Vidant Medical Center is home to a newly expanded 24-bed NSICU led by Neurointensivist as well as a large rehab center providing both inpatient and outpatient support to neurology patients
- Strong investment in technology including Gamma Knife, NeuroBlate, and RAPID
- 1500 stroke admissions annually
- Stroke Nurse Navigator and Stroke Coordinator support
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package
Vidant's Neuroscience Program uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a range of services to include diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. The hospital has specialty-trained staff in nursing, radiology, general neurosurgery, endovascular neurosurgery and intervention, neuro-spine surgery, and neurology. The Neuroscience team takes great pride in their patient- and family-centered approach to care, which promotes optimization of patient outcomes.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 550 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. , The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. , Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. , Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! , Find Yourself in Good Company!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact JoAnn Barnhill at (252)847-3591 or email@example.com.