GFA International, Inc. is currently seeking full-time Structural Engineer
GFA is a full-service engineering consulting firm, specializing in geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, material testing, and building inspections. Our clients include contractors, developers, owners, engineers, architects, state and local governments, school boards, departments of transportation, universities, banks, and realtors.
GFA encourages a friendly and challenging work environment. We recognize that the success of our company is built of the talent of our team members. We are a growing privately held company, where you get to be a true difference maker. Challenge and opportunity are part of the company culture and built into our growth. As a mid-sized firm, every single person is a valuable part of our success. At GFA, you are more than just another employee, you are a part of the team!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Inspecting reinforcing steel configuration, size, & placement.
- Inspecting concrete formwork dimensions and clearance.
- Inspecting post-tensioned cable placement.
- Inspecting structural steel member sizes and configuration.
- Inspecting bolted and welded connections.
- Inspecting precast member configuration and connections.
- Monitoring and recording post-tension cable elongations.
- Inspecting reinforced unit masonry.
- Inspecting wood and metal roof truss systems.
- Inspecting roof sheathing and nailing.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Required Civil Engineering Degree
- Highly preferred Structural Engineer background
- Looking to grow within the Structural Inspections field
- Preferred PE License
Supporting our Team
At GFA, we recognize there is more to life than work. Quality of life is very important to us, and that’s why we encourage all of our employees to have a solid work-life balance. We support our employees by offering a teamwork environment, opportunities for professional growth, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical/Rx, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Various Types of Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings with Company Matching Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Legal & Identity Shield
Perks & Professional Development
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Wellness Activities
- Company Sponsored Events
- Reimbursement for Certifications and Professional Licenses
- Support for Participation in Continuing Education such as Workshops, Seminars, and Conferences
- Lunch and Learn Programs
- Paid Professional Association Memberships
To ensure consideration for employment please attach a resume and complete the brief application in its entirety.