We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, were defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity We do what is right.
Partnerships We work together.
Excellence We pursue design excellence.
Innovation We embrace ingenuity.
Community We build community.
Heres how we work:
IBI Groups Michigan Office is looking for a Structural Engineer to join its growing team. Our office is a full service Architectural and Engineering firm that services a wide variety of clients across the globe. Candidates should show a will to learn, be self-driven, and team mentality. Other duties include:
Most of the things youll work on:
- As a member of a collaborative engineering and design team, you will work on a wide variety of technically challenging projects to support client recommendations and reviews. These projects may include creating calculations document designs, and specifications that exceed the quality expectations of clients.
- You will assist Structural Group Leaders in performing structural analysis and detailed design of steel frames, concrete members, concrete and steel connections, and foundations.
- You will take on small engineering assignments within an overall project. Upon completion you will review your design with an assigned Structural Group Leader.
- You will receive guidance, training, and mentorship from our highly technical and experienced staff.
- You will assist in review of structural shop drawings for various types of structures.
- Coordinate with other disciplines.
- Work with a full service design team on the design of buildings.
- Bachelors degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 4 to 8 years relevant experience of progressive experience required.
- Successful completion of the Principles of Engineering Exam (PE)
- Licensure in at least one state
- Practical application of structural engineering including analysis for structural supports, loads, and design integrity.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and Bluebeam
- Proficiency with Risa 3D, Revit, and Newforma a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application relevant Building Codes and design standards.
- Excellent work ethic and desire to succeed.
Welcome to IBI Group! Located on the 3rd floor of 25200 Telegraph Road of the award-winning Mars Building in Southfield, our office is close to all major highways and just minutes from the exciting renaissance taking place in Downtown Detroit. Southfield has long been considered one of the best places to work in the metro area, with easy access to restaurants, shopping and residential life in the neighboring cities and suburbs.
Our employees enjoy collaborating in a newly renovated, open concept office, allowing us to take a creative approach to projects. Locally, youll be working with peers, members of management, and our enthusiastic project services team. As a global architecture, engineering and technology design firm, IBI Group also has offices across the country, continent and world.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and drivers license record. #IBI
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.