Position: Structural Engineer
Requisition Number: 2019-2430-03
S&ME is an employee-owned engineering firm that provides civil, geotechnical, environmental, planning, landscape architecture, survey and construction services. Consistently ranked in the top 100 of ENR's Top 500 Design Firms, our markets are diverse and include transportation, energy, water/wastewater, commercial development, industry, healthcare, education and government. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a Structural Engineer to join our team in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Responsibilities will include coordination, management, and design of structural aspects for telecommunications A/E design projects including new-build tower sites, co-location sites, and small cell sites. Additional responsibilities include client development in the telecommunications industry, coordination and completion of proposals, design documents and managing project budgets. Candidate will work closely with other members of S&ME's telecommunications team in developing and completing A/E design projects and growing our telecommunications practice.
Qualified candidates must have proficient verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, and possess the ability to work as a team player. Candidates should also be self-motivated and dynamic team players.
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering or related field required;
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in at least one of the following states: North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and/or Florida required, with the ability to obtain the (PE) in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida within 60 days of hire;
- 8years of structural engineering experience; experience in the telecommunications market required;
- Experience with process implementation, training and building cohesive teams;
- Thorough knowledge of the telecommunications industry specifically related to A/E Design.
To apply, visit www.smeinc.com/careers and follow the "Career Openings" link. This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor