Job ID: 145931
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Oldcastle Infrastructure is currently seeking a Structural Engineer (PE). The work assignment will be located at the Precast Plant in Lebanon, Tennessee. This position reports directly to the Southeast Regional Engineering Manager and involves performing engineering designs in support of estimates, preparing submittal packages, and review of production precast drawings for manufacture including providing preliminary structural calculations and technical presentations to assist the sales team
- Work with the sales team to prepare calculations and drawings for precast products
- Interface with customers to assist the sales effort
- Work with CAD Drafters and assist Engineering Manager prioritize work in support of sales/production
- Support CAD Drafters as required to balance flow of submittals and production drawings
- Work on various engineering projects in support of sales as well as continuous improvements in manufacturing, process, shipping, handling and installation
- Work with the Quality Control Department to ensure we are meeting quality standards
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or similar field of study
- PE certification (preferably in TN and/or KY)
- 3+ year(s) industry experience in structural design
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Fundamental knowledge of reinforced concrete and steel design preferred.
- Ability to use a variety of computer programs, including AutoCAD, Inventor, Microsoft Office Products, Mathcad, RISA 3D, or other finite element software
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative
- Ability to interact with customers, manager, engineers, drafters and other employees to resolve engineering and management related issues
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.