Tectonic is currently seeking a full-time Structural Engineer within our Rocky Hill, CT Office. This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and development!
The essential functions of this position will include performing structural design calculations and bridge design details, and perform analyses on projects of varying complexity using hand calculations, analysis software, and other accepted methods. This will involve performing work on bridge projects ranging from culvert designs and bridge rehabilitation projects to bridge design of conventional or innovative bridge types, as well as bridge and/or other structural inspection and evaluation projects involving load ratings for existing bridges. The Structural Engineer will also be assisting with construction support services for contractors such as design of erection and demolition operations, crane lifting plans, structural lifting operations and design of temporary supports & formwork design. They will assist with performing field inspections and the collection and analysis of data to prepare designs, which may include regular site visits. Other essential functions include assisting with generating required engineering reports for review and performing quantity estimates, detailing, and drafting, as well as all related work as required.
- 0-4 years of related experience; bridge design experience or experience with public clientele, such as the DOT, or municipalities, is a plus;
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering is required; MS in Structural Engineering or Engineer-In-Training Certification is a plus;
- Experience working with contractors in developing construction schemes & constructability requirements is desirable;
- Must have relevant coursework in steel and concrete design and structural analysis;
- A good handle of modeling, design, and analysis of structures, and must be detail oriented;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2013 or MicroStation required, as well as functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of bridge design software is a plus;
- A valid driver’s license and personal vehicle for field inspections.
COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.
Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.