We are always seeking talented individuals to join our acclaimed team. Here, you'll be working alongside some of the very best minds on projects that are helping to define architecture into the future.
This position would be responsible for the design, technical and production activities to generate structural design documents for California school projects from schematic design through construction administration.
- Responsible for building structural system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction documents phases within the discipline.
- Responsible for monitoring construction administration activities including review of submittals and contractor request for information within the discipline, as well as making periodic site visits during construction.
- Function as discipline team leader on small to medium sized projects when assigned.
- Provide assistance to team on larger sized projects.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Interface with other discipline team members and leaders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer in California.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum four years' experience in A/E industry designing buildings with steel, concrete, masonry and wood structures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Engineering software proficient (RAM, RISA, TEDDS, ENERCALC)
- REVIT and AutoCAD Proficient
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA EMPLOYER/Veterans/Disabled)