WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges
ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING ENGINEERING PRACTICE
Michael Baker International seamlessly integrates all our service offerings - architecture, planning, landscape architecture, engineering and management - to solve client challenges from multiple vantage points, providing unsurpassed holistic, sustainable, and innovative solutions. From high-profile, high-image landmarks to low-cost, utilitarian solutions, our professionals know how to balance image and cost appropriately for each unique situation. At Michael Baker International, we believe that the beauty of a project resides both in performance and aesthetics - "success" to us is measured by functionality, value, and exceeding clients' expectations to "Make a Difference."
Michael Baker International is seeking a Structures Intern student to support our Structural Engineering team on a variety of vertical (building) design projects for our Moon Township, PA office. The individual will learn the profession as duties are performed.
- Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings.
- Assist project managers and engineers with various tasks.
- Work under supervision of a senior level team member.
- Assist with data collection, input, verification, and manipulation
- Currently enrolled, and in good academic standing, pursuing a Bachelors' Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering at an ABET accredited University or College; minimum of 3 year of coursework completed.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- College level engineering courses in Civil/Structural Engineering with a focus in Structures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office; Adobe Acrobat and Revit experience is preferred.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.