Title: Structural Vaccinology Lab Consultant
Job Location: Silver Spring, MD
Odyssey Systems is seeking a Structural Vaccinology Lab Consultant to support the Malaria Vaccine Research program for the Malaria Vaccine Program at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research.
*** This is a forecasted position and it is contingent upon contract award. ***
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Extensive experience in protein crystallization and interpretation of the molecular structure of malaria vaccine candidates. Specifically:
- Provide advisory services from an offsite location but travel to the Laboratory as and when required;
- Perform detailed design and modeling of recombinant proteins;
- Analyze experimental data generated in the lab;
- Treat all discussions as confidential;
- Assist in manuscript writing by generating figures and contributing to the text; and
- Be available for conference calls.
- BS in life sciences discipline
- 2+ years of experience
- Knowledge of malaria-related research and vaccine development
- Knowledge with how to produce recombinant proteins and particulate vaccines and characterize them by using biochemical and biophysical techniques.
- Knowledge with the use of mouse model and vectors and development of assays to measure vaccine immunogenicity in animal models.
- MS in life sciences discipline
- US Citizenship required
- National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI)
- Travel may be required
Availability of positions is contingent upon contract award.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Gym Memberships
- On Site Cafeteria
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Military Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts