About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast. We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast. As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane’s ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
• Select equipment and plan layout, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
• Lay out, position, align, and fit components together.
• Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
• Set up equipment and weld parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
• Assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
• Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torch, straightening press, and hand tools.
• Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
• Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions and situations.
• Certification at one or more levels is required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled