WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting services dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Michael Baker International has addressed bridge design, construction and preservation challenges with innovative and sustainable solutions. Exemplifying its depth and versatility in the bridge space, Michael Baker International, ranked Number Five by Engineering News-Record in its annual ranking of Bridge Design Firms in the United States, has partnered with clients on a full spectrum of bridge types-from conventional grade separations to major, complex river crossings, including trusses, arches, box girders and cable-stayed bridges.
Michael Baker International is seeking an Intern student to support our surface transportation department on a variety of design projects for our Moon Twp., PA location. The individual will learn the profession as duties are performed.
Some duties include:
- Performing simple to moderate calculations, routine analysis, preparing basic reports, assisting with data collection, input, verification and manipulation.
- The selected individual will assist in technical duties and projects as assigned in the bridge, traffic, highway, and/or geotechnical department.
- Currently enrolled in good academic standing and pursuing a B.S. in Civil Engineering at an accredited university or college. (2 years minimum preferred).
- College level engineering courses in Civil Engineering with a focus in Structures (Bridges).
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office; Adobe Acrobat and CADD (preferred).
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.