Want to love what you do in an environment that values learning and growth alongside other high performing individuals? If you answered yes, IMG Academy is hiring.
Our unique campus is dedicated to developing the next generation of leaders, champions and influencers. We believe that each day is an opportunity to achieve dreams and inspire greatness. As part of the IMG Family, we prepare our student-athletes to succeed, taking on life with confidence and preparedness. Through our integration of elite academics, athletics and character development, our student-athletes are prepared to rise up to their full potential – whether that’s on the field, in the classroom or in life.
We are seeking curious, caring individuals who align with our core values:
- Passionate Soul: Love what you do
- Open Mind: Never stop learning and growing
- Champions Spirit: Strive for greatness
- Helpful Heart: Lift up those around you
- Absolute Integrity: Always do the right thing
Job Title: Student Events & Activities Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEO Status: 10 Service Worker
Department: Campus Life / Advancement
Position Summary: Under general direction, plan, coordinate and organize cultural, social, alumni and recreational activities for IMG Academy student athletes.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and supervise the Academy educational, recreational, social, alumni and cultural student activities programs
- Attend and supervise student sponsored activities at IMG Academy and off-campus locations
- Provide logistical support for activities. Review and approve activity requests and contracts
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies to promote campus & alumni activities and services to maximum student & alumni involvement
- Recommend Student activities policies and procedures to the Director of Campus Life and implement as directed
- Facilitate, promote and assist with student recognition/ award presentation events
- Monitor budget and maintain a variety of records regarding student activities and event budgets, including accurate budget balances, records, statements and accounts
- Organize an activities program that will maintain interest and progression over a period of time
- Plan, organize, and lead various student groups and organizations
- Build and develop relationships between community partners and student athletes
- Establish and build relationships with a diverse group of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally & internationally
- Support other members of the Advancement team
- Communicate with internal departments regarding assistance with meetings, programs or events
- Identify the needs of the collective group and individuals and tailor the activities to suit them
- Liaison between student and appropriate staff related to student activities
- Maintain communication with with students & alumni
- Encourage involvement from the local community to attend your public activities
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in student affairs, event planning, business or related field
- Successful leadership experience in student organizations
- Knowledgeable of community and volunteer resources
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Experience with MS Office, spreadsheet and/or database programs.
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to interact with Student Athletes ranging in age and activities interest
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with grade/high school, college or camp student activity programs
- Experience in student programming and in advising student groups.
- Experience in alumni relations
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Must be able to move around campus which includes gym, turf, fields, etc.
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug check upon offer
IMG Academy is an equal opportunity employer committed to a divers and inclusive work environment.