Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking an Enterprise Data Analytics Intern to:
- Assist in the development of performance measurement and benchmarking tools to understand opportunities to reduce variation and increase operational efficiencies.
- Build valuable state-of-the-art analytic tools, including interactive dashboards, reports, data marts, and other business intelligence capabilities to inform business development, strategic planning, and cost management activities.
- Support a team performing complex data analysis and modeling, with an emphasis on financial data.
Minimum – Current student in a post-secondary college or university.
Preferred – Field of study related to department (Data Analytics, Business, etc.).
Minimum – General customer service/administrative experience or experience in field of study.
Preferred – Experience with financial modeling or data analytics projects.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Employee must be able to problem-solve, make decisions, and work independently.
- Employee is expected to offer excellent customer service by being courteous, positive, and sensitive to customer and patient needs.
- Employee is expected to communicate effectively by sending, receiving and responding to information ensuring high level of patient satisfaction.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and ant-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, women, and LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/vets.
4-6 hours per week, between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM with the opportunity to work additional hours in the summer or during breaks. Flexibility offered to accommodate class schedules. This will be a remote position for applicants in the U.S.