The CHRISTUS Health Ethics Internship provides an opportunity to build practical experience and familiarity with health care ethics in a health system. Located at the CHRISTUS Health system office in Irving, Texas, the intern will complete a primary project related to ethics and present the results to CHRISTUS leaders at the end of the summer. The intern will have the chance to network with CHRISTUS leaders and Associates as well as interns in other departments. The Intern will also be provided with a variety of projects and opportunities such as:
- Preparing for and attending the CHRISTUS Health Clinical Ethics Intensive, a two-day training program for ethics consultants in CHRISTUS Health
- Maintaining the Ethics Tracker database in REDCap used to document ethics consults
- Assisting with ethics consults as appropriate
- Shadowing ethics committee members in a region
- Developing and providing a presentation
- Reading and discussing bioethics literature with the System Director of Ethics
- Others identified by the intern
Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in one of the following fields: theology, philosophy, medical humanities, law, pre-med, healthcare administration, or other healthcare related fields.
At least 3 years of college preparation towards major.
- PC and Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively work with others
- Quick learner with attention to detail and solid organizational skills
- Resourceful, innovative and persuasive with the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish is a plus
We are reviewing applications as they come in, so please do not wait until the deadline!