Full or Part-time, unpaid internship graduate level student.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
The intern will assist the Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant in providing ongoing support to child care providers to enhance relationships and interactions with children and families in four county service delivery area.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age and enrolled in a Master’s level program in Social Work or Psychology.
- Applicant must be willing/able to complete a minimum of 20 hours per week (Monday – Friday).
- Should be self-directed and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Applicant will be required to interact with child care providers and provide strengths-based feedback to them.
- Must be able and willing to listen to concerns from many parties, avoid triangulation, and build reflective capacity.
- Applicant will be required to develop and present a 90 minute (minimum) presentation to providers.
- Basic computer skills required.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled