Milton CAT is classified as an essential business, as we support hospitals, grocery stores, landfill, waste, roads, bridges, critical construction and transportation. We continue to maintain business operations during this time, including hiring for open positions.
Under general supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, this seasonal position is responsible for performing a variety of warehouse-related duties such as receiving and storage of goods and preparing orders for shipment. Pick items from shelves and placing them in totes, and ensuring that orders are filled accurately and efficiently, continually striving for improved customer satisfaction.
- This is a full-time seasonal position. This internship will be during the summer of 2020. Working hours are Monday - Friday.
- Pick, pack, wrap and load product for delivery to customers.
- Insure accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Safe operation of all material handling equipment, including pallet jacks, etc.
- Receive merchandise and stock shelves.
- Assists with inventory procedures as requested.
- Participates in physical inventory counts, as assigned, to verify the accuracy of parts on hand.
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules, and regulations.
- Utilize computerized WMS (warehouse management system) and RF scanners.
- Must be flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Must be currently enrolled as a college student in a public, private or accredited academic institution.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to lift 75 pounds; 45 pounds on an unassisted basis, repetitively.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Energy and stamina to work extended daily hours as needed.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced distribution center environment.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- The ideal candidate has experience with WMS (Warehouse Management System) system software.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.