Halifax Health is seeking a Student Nurse for the post/surgical inpatient unit.
The Student Nurse position within Halifax Health is an employment opportunity that allows the student nurse to develop the valuable skills and knowledge needed for success as a professional nurse. This position supports the development of professional relationships, allows for hands-on experience that promotes critical thinking and problem solving. Offers an opportunity to increase clinical exposure, experience, and competence. Allows for assistance in developing time management skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Continuous enrollment in an accredited Nursing program, Bachelor’s in Nursing Program strongly preferred
- Minimum of a 3.2 GPA
- Successful completion of sufficient clinical nursing courses to have obtained competency in performing basic health care tasks
- Must provide documentation of enrollment at the start of each semester to direct supervisor
- Any change in active student enrollment status must be communicated immediately to direct supervisor
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct and indirect nursing care under the direction of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assumes personal accountability for organizational mission and core values.
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women’s health, two community clinics, three children’s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.