LRAP is looking for a Student Service Coordinator.
At LRAP, we’re creating positive change in the world by giving college-bound students the freedom to pursue their passions at their college of choice, while ensuring that educational loan debt doesn’t hold them back from the career of their dreams after graduation.
Are you looking for a career with a company that’s driven by a powerful mission? At LRAP, you’ll join a team of high performers looking to make a difference in the lives of students and families across the country. We help students have the freedom to realize their greatest ambitions, both on campus and after graduation, without the burden of educational loans.
Why join LRAP? LRAP provides our unique, innovative Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) to colleges and universities across the country. We help students enroll in the college of their choice with the peace of mind to know that if their income after graduation is low, we can help repay their educational loans.
Why else? LRAP is a fast-growing start-up full of dedicated, passionate individuals who delight in coming to work each day knowing that we’re making a difference in the lives of thousands of students and their families. This position presents lots of opportunity for growth in your career. Oh, and the comprehensive benefits package is nice too.
We are looking for a smart, dedicated individual who is good with numbers and dedicated to excellent customer service to join our Student Service team in our Bloomington, IN location. As part of the Student Service team, you will have a direct, hands-on role in ensuring our students are well taken care of.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to our students and families by processing and administering their loan repayment assistance requests and helping them navigate student loan repayment.
- Provide excellent customer experience when responding to customer inquiries through phone conversations and email correspondence.
- Build relationships and act as a resource to our students and parents while answering questions about the LRAP Process.
- Maintain records concerning assistance requests and time required to complete.
- General clerical and administrative duties as assigned.
Skills and experience:
- Financial aid experience in higher education preferred
- Skill and comfort in financial analysis and administration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- High degree of professionalism
- Flexibility, adaptability, dependability
- Service orientation, teamwork, initiative and integrity
- BA/BS degree is preferred.
Compensation is commensurate with experience (and includes a performance bonus). We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life insurance, as well as Short and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Retirement Plan with generous matching contributions
- Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Employee Appreciation gifts and events
- Free healthy (and not so healthy) snacks