The Moses Lake School District is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Field Prep Event Coordinator for the Moses Lake High School baseball season.
Moses Lake High School is classified as a 4A school by the WIAA and is a member of Columbia Basin Big Nine Athletic Conference (CBBN). Other CBBN member schools include Eastmont, Davis, Eisenhower, Sunnyside, Wenatchee and West Valley (Yakima). The CBBN awards league championships in 20 sports and has a solid reputation as one of the most competitive and successful conferences in Washington State. CBBN teams are consistent participants in WIAA State Championships in various sports and activities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively carry out the duties for the athletic program as established by the high school Principal, Athletic Director and policies of the Moses Lake School District.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sporting event preparation and successful experience in working with coaches and secondary school student athletes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, community and staff.
- Organizational skills needed to insure a well-managed program.
- Valid first Aid Card/CPR certification required.
- Work with the building administrators to see that all activities conform to the rules and regulations of the Moses Lake School District, Moses Lake High School, the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association and the Columbia Basin Big Nine Athletic Conference. Act in a manner representative of Moses Lake School District at all times.
- Work with the Athletic Department to schedule, organize, coordinate and supervise home athletic events.
- Be in attendance at sufficient contests for proper supervision and evaluation.
- Be conscious at all times of concern for safety. File an accident report for each injury.
- Work with the Athletic Department to prepare information for athletic events including but not limited to Athletic website information.
- Must be able to drive off-campus for various activities.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory attendance or be excused for proper supervision and evaluation.
- Setup and organize all home contest’s playing surfaces, game administration devices and spectator seating areas. Included in this would be softball and baseball field preparation, scoreboard or announcing implements.
- Be responsible for using School District equipment in a satisfactory manner as well as reporting to Athletic Director regarding any unsafe equipment or playing area.
- Greet all visiting teams, showing them to their changing facilities and security for their assigned area.
- Work with gate personnel for paid attendance games and secure the cash boxes.
- Must have excellent attendance.
- Duties as assigned by Athletic Director and or administration.
The Moses Lake School District #161 does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the school district’s Title IX, Affirmative Action, and Equal Opportunity officer, Barbara Shimek, 1620 S Pioneer Way, Moses Lake, WA, 98837, 509.793.7725, Email: email@example.com OR Section 504/ADA Coordinator, Dave Balcom, 1620 S Pioneer Way, Moses Lake, WA 98837, 509.793.7699, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.