StudentUniverse is looking for a Junior SQL Data Analyst to join our team! The right candidate will be passionate and excited to create tools which enable hundreds of thousands of students to travel the world. Candidate should be a self-starter and comfortable learning different technologies, 3rd party tools and applications developed in house. We're in a great location next to Brandeis University in Waltham, offer flexible work schedules and a great opportunity/excuse to get out and see the world.
- Uses SQL, T-SQL, PL/pgSQL in creating queries and reports for the Web Site Operations and Business Intelligence teams.
- Create reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Create and maintain Tableau views and extracts.
- Assist DEV in sandbox database setup and management.
- Review and promote database changes to QA.
- Work with other departments to acquire data necessary for daily operations.
We are looking for someone with:
- Relevant work experience (2-3 years in field), or relevant training / education.
- SQL/T-SQL experience, experience with relational databases.
- An understanding of basic database concepts such as joins, unions, views, functions, and jobs.
- Some experience with reporting tools such as SSRS or Crystal Reports.
- The ability to be a very strong self-starter. You must be willing to invest time in learning new technologies.
- Experience working as part of a development team.
Technologies we use (experience with these is a plus):
- PostgreSQL (9.0 to 10.2)
- Postgres technologies such as PGAdmin and PGAgent.
- Linux operating system: SUSE, and CentOS, bash scripting.
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Visual Studio
- Tableau 10.5.5
- MS Excel, Google Sheets
- ETL solutions using SSIS, PGAgent
- Agile Development Methodology, Github, Jira, Fresh Service
Location: Waltham, MA
StudentUniverse is a Boston-based technology company that provides exclusive travel discounts, rewards, and experiences for students, faculty and youth (18-25). Leveraging verification technology, StudentUniverse negotiates exclusive airfares with over 70 airline partners globally, and features discounted rates on hotels and tours all over the world.