Design Group Americas is the world’s largest gift packaging company, producing paper, décor, creative play and dated good products for millions of customers throughout the United States and beyond. We transform paper and a whole lot more into products that help the world celebrate life’s special occasions. We are proud to serve the best retailers around the globe with a complete end-to-end service from design to distribution.
We are seeking an exceptional individual who has experience working in and managing a very busy and demanding graphic design studio. Our design studio creates over a thousand new items each year and has multiple projects going on each day. A good knowledge of kids trends and what is hot in the world of kid’s fashion and toys will be a big plus but is not a necessity. The role requires experience working with programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design & Acrobat. You must be a strong leader, possess skills to get the most out of a team all whom have varying skill sets and experience, be able to motivate and encourage a team of 7 graphic designers as well as being able to work with other team managers throughout the business to meet daily deadlines and goals. You must be detail orientated, deadline driven, a self-starter who can juggle multiple projects. You must have excellent communication skills.
What can we offer you?
- Opportunities to learn, grow, and impact the Company,
- a fun work environment allowing your creativity to flourish and thrive,
- a comprehensive employee benefits package,
- and so much more!
- Meet with CEO each morning for daily briefing on priorities
- Coordinate the studio daily schedule for each graphic designer in your team DAILY TRAFFIC FLOW!
- Brief each new project, giving detailed guidelines to each graphic designer in your team
- Proof-read artwork
- Provide input in and guidance on developing new packaging style guides with Creative Director
- Log and ensure all artwork loaded to suppliers is returned for our approval within company deadlines
- Manage studio samples ensure each designer has the samples they need and that samples are returned after jobs are complete
- Work with CEO, Product Development & Sales teams
- Ensure the graphic design team is keeping abreast and up to date on industry trends
- Responsible for recruiting and interviewing any new hires
- Experience managing a team and ability to manage multiple projects in fast paced and highly demanding environment.
- Knowledge of color theory and color harmony, good design aesthetics
- An expert understanding of the trends in packaging, color and branding.
- Ability to develop concepts and designs for packaging across several private label brands
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite (emphasis on Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Being able to motivate a team to consistently provide high quality work while also meting tight deadlines
- Exhibit a pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Awareness of design, fashion / beauty, retail, social media and lifestyle trends.
- Prior experience with commercial & toy packaging preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, Industrial or Graphic Design or related field is preferred but not a requirement
- Strong design skill set proficient in illustration, iconography, typography and layout
- 8+ years of work experience in consumer packaging design.
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset and a relentless passion for beautiful crafted design, change and innovation
- Strong visual design skills and background designing for systems (style guides, design patterns)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.