THE MADEWELL STYLIST
[Hourly Part-Time, reports to a store director]
What The Role is All About
- Know we have the best denim in the world and can’t wait to spread the word.
- Are denim experts: product knowledge, fit, and styling – they’ve got it all covered.
- Deliver amazing service and build sales through denim wardrobing.
- Connect with multiple customers at a time and make things quick and easy.
- Know what’s happening with our denim competitors and speak to why we are the industry leaders.
- Know their neighborhood: the events, artists, local influencers and style-makers.
- Share feedback, ideas and insights with the management team.
What We Expect From You
- Friendly, helpful and always smiling, for starters.
- Customer focused.
- Curious and courageous; ask great questions and listen intently.
- Artful and inspirational, because how it’s put together is what’s important.
- Be the best at what you do by achieving all your goals.
- Bring your smarts; we want thinkers who always do the right thing.
- Pride in your appearance and your store.
- Leverage technology to connect seamlessly and with an omni perspective.
How We Measure Results
- Achieve your monthly sales-per-hour goal and targets outlined in the Stylist Agreement.
- Increase Average Dollar Sale and Units Per Transaction through denim wardrobing.
- Utilize instore relationships, customer profiles and the Insider program to attract and retain new clients.
- Uncover and execute events through community networkin local marketing and college outreach.
- Complete training with flying colors.
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Communicate effectively and confidently.
- Process information and operate store systems accurately.
- Are available when we’re busy, includin nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Assist in processing and replenishing and keeping the store looking great.
- Must bend, reach, stretch for product as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds |18 kilos.
- Must move around the store with ease and be accessible to customers.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.