Sub-Contracts Manager - Construction
Job Code: CONTRSUB02
Grade Level: 14 (Exempt)
PER FPB Policy FBP-HR-PRO-00001: Internalemployees must be in currentposition for (1) year or greater to be eligible to apply.
Without immediate supervision, manage Federal Acquisitions Regulations System (FAR) based construction contracts job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans, schedules and organizes construction contracts department activities to ensure effective utilization of employees and compliances with all contract requirements, quality standards and budgetary guidelines in a Federal Acquisitions Requirements (FAR) based federal contracting environment.
- Manages all aspects of construction contracting project life cycle, including assistance to construction project management personnel for scope definition, developing detailed plans and project submittal requirements, tracking, managing and communicating project schedule status
- Maintains close working relationship with senior management and/or operational management in ensuring contracting services are being properly executed and needs of the company are met
- Ensures compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations (DEAR), and Project Procedures
- Assigns work in terms of objectives, priorities and deadlines and provides additional assistance with new or unusual assignments
- Acts as a liaison with management throughout the company hierarchy to gather and analyze data on company sourcing strategy and makes recommendations of new trends in sourcing and procedures
- Represents the company in meetings with and presentations to DOE and industry representatives
- Required to be located at the job site in Piketon, Ohio in order to act as a local site contracts manager with direct responsibility for managing contract management personnel
- Responsible for managing the development and issuance of Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) and managing activities through evaluation/award recommendation, government consent to subcontract approvals and ultimate award. Manages contracts personnel in support of existing contract change orders and provide prime contract proposal support as needed.
- Maintains a workplace free of harassment, intimidation and other unlawful or against company policy activities
- Mentors Contract Personnel in contracting activities to prepare them for advancement
- Provides technical and administrative guidance to all assigned personnel
- Instructs employees on work methods and performance expectations. Fairly evaluates each employee’s job performance and provides regular, structured performance feedback
- Provides leadership, motivation and supervises the activities of a department via subordinate personnel
- Assist Sr. Acquisitions Management in writing, editing, reviewing and approving procedures and analysis data relevant to assigned section or group
- Oversight of groups, staff development and planning
- May have budgetary responsibilities
- Performs duties on complex federally funding and regulated construction projects
- Other job related duties as may be assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable Federal and State regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner. If supervising others, has full responsibility for the safety of those being supervised and ensures they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
Work in an office and/or construction office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities or industrial field environments). May also work at off-project sites representing the organization at various types of locations throughout the community for business purposes. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
Ability to perform primary office management duties including heavy computer usage.
In some cases radiological training may be required.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- Pre-Employment Physical (office or field work)
- Drug Screen
- The ability to obtain/maintain "L" or "Q" Clearance one year from hire date
- Background Check
- Any site required training
Prospective employees must be available to start work with Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth LLC within a reasonable time frame after acceptance of FBP’s offer of employment (typically 30 days or less).
Applicants for employment can initiate a request for accommodation, or obtain information concerning accommodationsif contacted by the Company for an Interview.
As a reminder, all internal employees of Fluor-BWXTPortsmouth LLC must submit a current resume. External candidates must also submit a current resume.
Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth LLC is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of adiverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexualorientation, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
Experience with basic PC skills to include Microsoft software
Expert understanding of federal and state policies and regulations
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Exemplary attention to detail
Maintains sensitivity to and report on instances of fraud, waste and abuse.
DOE “L” clearance or ability to obtain a DOE “L” clearance.
BA/BS degree in a related field and 10-13 years of related experience working in complex construction environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 10 - 20 years. Prefer demonstrated construction management experience working within the Federal Acquisitions Regulations System (FAR) based federal contracting environment.