We are seeking a Subcontract Manager to help us manage all contractual matters including negotiations, resolving issues,executing agreements and overseeing subcontracts. You will be an integral part of a larger team that thrives in a fast-paced, multi-priority environment where meeting aggressive deadlines is the norm.
As a Subcontract Manager ...
- Your primary responsibility will be to partner closely with our technical teams, theirProgram Management Offices, and other functional departments.
- You will be required toexercise independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods for obtaining
solutions, focusing on clear communication and relationship management.
- You will manage a portfolio of work that will include the full procurement life cycle of subcontractor services byguiding technical staff through the acquisition process, including pre-solicitation planning, review and critique of thestatements of work (SOW), evaluation of contractor proposals, conducting negotiations, awarding contracts, managingcontractor performance, and ultimately contract closeout.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field; or equivalent years of professional contracts orsubcontracts work experience;
- Have 2-3 years of professional level experience in Subcontracts or Prime Contracts applying the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and contractor-sidegovernment contracting;
- Have experience with and proficiency in analyzing, negotiating, awarding and administering standard types of contracts;
- Are willing and able to work at the Laurel, Maryland location during the core business hours of 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday through Friday;
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess an advanced degree;
- Have expertise performing complex cost/price analyses;
- Possess a professional certification (CFCM, CPCM).
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.