PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Technical resource for manufacturing and assembly in the areas of measurement technologies including, collect and report calibration data, prioritize work schedule and manage customer accounts. Technicians will be responsible to complete high level test equipment calibration.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, follows established company policies and procedures and applies acquired job skills to calibrate or perform maintenance on tools and measuring devices.
- Provides quality control diagnoses of failures, replaces defective components and troubleshoots using electronic and mechanical calibration standards.
- Troubleshoot reported problems with tools and measuring devices and repair as needed.
- Maintain documentation files and database.
- Send tools to outside vendors for repair and calibration.
- Review calibration certificates from calibration house.
- Maintain appropriate calibration and repair logs and equipment-related data using calibration database systems.
- Issue calibration nonconformance reports.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bending, carrying, kneeling, lifting, vision, hearing, sitting, maneuvering, pushing, and pulling, reaching, standing, stooping and walking.
- Able to lift 50 pounds with assistance.
High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience.
- Experience in trouble-shooting of electronic & mechanical systems preferred.
- GMP trained.
- Must be able to read and follow written maintenance and calibration procedures.
- Computer literate with demonstrated ability to learn and use Microsoft Office.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity