Stewart Information Services Corporation (NYSE-STC) is a global real estate services company, offering products and services through our direct operations, network of Stewart Trusted Providers™ and family of companies. From residential and commercial title insurance and closing and settlement services to specialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we offer the comprehensive service, deep expertise and solutions our customers need for any real estate transaction. At Stewart, we believe in building strong relationships – and these partnerships are the cornerstone of every closing, every transaction and every deal.
This is apart-time position that will be compensated on a per-closing basis. Eligibilityfor company provided benefits will vary depending on scheduled hours worked.
The Closer is responsible for effectively managing the realestate closing transaction for insuring title insurance. This position requiresthe Closer to exercise extreme independent judgement and to possess theknowledge and experience necessary to efficiently handle any situation whichmay arise during the escrow process.
- Manage the entire real estate closing process, including compliancewith real estate contracts, lender instructions, title requirements, companyrequirements and other written instructions
- Understand the escrow process to determine what steps need to betaken to transfer the title of property pursuant to the conditions called forin the real estate contract and lender instructions
- Collaborate with title department to resolve title issues such aslegal descriptions, easements, lot splits, vesting, all tax liens, abstracts ofjudgments, bankruptcies, boundary disputes, encroachments, list pendants, etc.
- Prepare all closing documents necessary to ensure title insuranceis issued at closing
- Oversee the issuance of checks, bills and statements, receipts,and any other documents needed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Secure all documents (corrective and others) that may be requiredfor the issuance of title insurance
- Conduct closing with customer, realtor, lenders, and attorneys
- Assist customers and clients with closing related questions
- Prior to disbursement, confirm all funds are collected, allappropriate documents are checked for accuracy, signatures are collected andacknowledgements and legal descriptions are correct
- Correct all taxes due, HOA dues and any delinquencies and/orprincipal and interest
- Ensure all payoffs have been collected, mailed, delivered or wiredaccording to instructions
- Verify against the HUD statement that all disbursements have beenpaid correctly
- Prior to recording, verify all legal documents for correctacknowledgements, legal and lien information
- When needed, delegate work to and manage work of escrow assistantsin the real estate transaction process
- Manage and develop client relationships to ensure future realestate closing transactions
- Market new business and make calls on current and prospective clients
- Correspond with lenders, builders, real estate agents andattorneys as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
Stewart. Real partners. Real possibilities.™ More information can be found athttp://www.stewart.com, subscribe to the Stewart blog athttp://blog.stewart.comor follow Stewart on Twitter®@stewarttitleco.
Returning Job Seekers
Already have a candidate profile? Log in to access and update your current profile to access and update your current profile.
Stewart employees should access Careers through the Stewart Point internal jobs database.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer