Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Attorney – Subrogation – Texas House Counsel
Candidate must possess a Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in Texas.
As a member of Chubb’s Texas House Counsel office, this attorney will handle a Subrogation case load throughout Texas. This will be a lead role in the subrogation practice and the attorney will manage the subrogation case docket and practice.
Responsibilities• Specific Subrogation duties will include investigating, negotiating and litigating subrogation claims for the Chubb Recovery Unit in State and Federal Courts in Texas and possibly surrounding states.
• Specific duties will include trial work, conducting and prosecuting depositions and engaging in other pre-trial discovery, drafting pleadings, engaging in motion practice, researching, negotiating settlements, generating reports and evaluations on assigned cases.
• Admission to Texas State Bar and the U.S. District Courts of Texas
• Must have prior subrogation and litigation experience
• Must have strong knowledge of current procedural and substantive law, as well as Federal and State rules
• Must be able to demonstrate effective oral and written advocacy skills and negotiation tactics
• Must have an ability to apply analytical skills in addressing complex legal issues
• Must be able and willing to proactively communicate with clients, claims staff and other members of House Counsel
• Ability to travel
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.