About KinderCare Education®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
- In neighborhoods with our KinderCare® Learning Centers and Rainbow Child Care Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work through KinderCare Education at Work™, family benefits for employers including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care
- In local schools with our Champions® before and after-school programs.
Front line support role. Directly accountable for coordinating activities for assigned centers with child care assistance programs ensuring compliance with federal, state and local agencies and company policies and procedures. Provide exemplary customer service to field operations and government agencies.
- Aligns to company and subsidy tuition strategy, goals and objectives; effectively adapts to change.
- Obtain agency contracts and review all agency requirements.
- Processes and maintains authorizations; partners with centers and agencies to secure reimbursements.
- Completes accounts receivable transfers and discounts; compiles weekly details and updates field operations.
- Reviews attendance documents and completes billing process in accordance with agency guidelines.
- Reconciles payments to accounts receivable, completes AR adjustments, addresses re-bill and/or refund opportunities.
- Follow up on all account receivables and prepay balances until fully resolved.
- Prepares and distributes reports, monitors for unusual items and resolves and/or escalates issues as appropriate.
- Audits and reconciles center financial records and completes appropriate adjustments.
- Maintains and stores subsidy records in accordance with agency guidelines and company policies and procedures.
- Builds effective relationships with internal and external partners, including field operations and child care agencies.
- Maintains customer focus and participates in huddle calls and center director meetings.
- Prepares audit documentation and reports notifications of agency audits.
- Demonstrates full ownership for assigned centers.
- Performs all functions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required
- Bookkeeping, billing and accounts receivable experience preferred
- 10-key proficiency
- Strong computer skills covering financial systems and general office software, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and email
- Demonstrated skills in customer service and professionalism
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and collaboration
- Highly engaged
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Effective personal organizational skills
- Demonstrated skills in learning agility
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner by prioritizing work in multi-task environment
- Must be able to work overtime hours as necessary
- Overnight travel is occasionally required
- Must be able to travel between alternate center and office locations on occasion
- Must be able to withstand long periods of sitting and frequent use of computer and telephone
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings®, Rainbow Child Care Centers and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.