Substitute/Substitute Bus Aide
ALL ECSE LOCATIONS
Monroe County Intermediate School District-website
REPORTS TO: Director, Building, Grounds and Transportation
AVAILABLE: Substitute school year position available on a day to day basis. Monday-Thursday. Work day dependent upon route
SALARY & BENEFITS: Wage $10.50 per hour, No Benefits.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor students in transit to assure safety and welfare.
- Assist in maintaining discipline when students are on bus and report behavior problems to the proper authority.
- Promote atmosphere of good conduct on buses by implementing Monroe County Intermediate School District Bus Policies and Procedures.
- Assist students in boarding and exiting bus, routinely and in emergencies.
- Operate and secure devices such as car seats, harnesses, booster seats, etc.
- Work with driver on all behavior management decisions and implementation.
- Attend scheduled workshops and/or inservices related to behavior management.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Follow instructions.
- Follow work rules.
- Adhere to MCISD Guidelines and Policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal with co-workers effectively and professionally.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on and off the height of a bus seat. (Lifting test required.)
- Carry out all other responsibilities assigned by the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Previous experience as a teacher aide/bus aide for special needs children preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with special needs students.
- Good verbal, math and grammar skills (testing required).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform all duties with an awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
Upon hire, employees of the Monroe County Intermediate School District are fingerprinted for a Michigan and FBI criminal history check. The processing fee of $43.25 is the responsibility of the applicant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and peripheral vision. The employee needs to be able to tell where a sound is coming from and hear in a noisy environment. Will assist in physical management of students.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities for perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in temperatures above 90 degrees and below 32 degrees and occasionally will walk on slippery surfaces. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints and interact with public and other workers. The employee has direct responsibility for the safety and well-being of students. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud to where it is necessary to raise your voice to be heard. The employee must work with public and other staff, continuously meeting multiple demands from several people.
EXTERNAL APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO SUPPLY THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS OUTLINED BELOW AND FULLY COMPLETE THE APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED
Current Monroe County Intermediate School District employees who meet the qualifications must complete or update the the online application at www.monroeisd.us to be considered.(Click on "Employment" and "Applitrack" and follow instructions to apply for this position.) Supporting documents required (resume, 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with application.
Must complete online application at www.monroeisd.us. Click on "Employment" and follow instructions to apply for this position through the Applitrack on-line employment portal. Faxed or mailed applications will not be accepted. Supporting documents required (resume, transcripts, 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Human Resources Department
Monroe County Intermediate School District
1101 S. Raisinville Road
Monroe MI 48161
Phone: (734) 322-2462
The Monroe County Intermediate School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,sex, marital status, religion, disability or handicap.