JOB TITLE: Substitute/Route School Bus Driver
WORK SCHEDULE: As needed, when school is in session
RESPONSIBLE TO: Transportation Assistant Managers
CURRENT SALARY: $18.37 PER HOUR
1. Twenty-one (21) years of age
2. Hold a current Driver’s License in the State of Ohio for two years.
3.High School Diploma or equivalent.
4.Complete a satisfactory BCI and FBI Background check.
5.Be in good physical health and pass a T-8 physical. (Provided by the District)
6.Have the ability to be trained and obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B with endorsements P (passenger vehicle) and S (school bus) via District provided trainers; OR current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B with endorsements P (passenger vehicle) and S (school bus).
7.Available to work between the hours of 5:45-9:15 A.M. and 1:30-5:00 P.M. during the week.
8.Insurable as defined by the insurance carrier of the Westerville Board of Education and no prior DUI, DWI, OMVI or OVI and no more than 4 points on your license.
9.The ability to work with students and parents in a professional manner.
1. Transport students in the Westerville Area safely to and from school.
2. Perform and document a daily pre-trip inspection of the school bus before leaving the transportation complex.
3.Fuel and check engine fluids daily.
4. Advise mechanics regarding necessary repair and maintenance.
5.Document and report any student discipline issues that may arise.
Westerville City Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
I have read and received a copy of this job description. ___________________________________________ ______________________