Transportation/Bus Driver Substitute
Brecksville-Broadview Hts. City Schools
To be determined
JOB ID 928
CLASSIFICATION VACANCY: Substitute Bus Driver
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: Transportation
ANTICIPATED HOURS: To be determined
SHIFT: Days – Monday thru Friday
HOURLY RATE : $17.50
LENGTH OF TIME: 10-month
Commercial Driver’s License preferred but not required.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- State of Ohio Commercial Drivers License with School Bus Endorsement
- State Department of Education Basic School Bus Driver Education Program
- Must be insurable
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Board may find appropriate
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to communicate ideas and directives clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective, active listening skills
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- Basic first-aid procedures
- Knowledge of relevant Ohio laws and regulations
- Knowledge of traffic laws
- Ability to listen for mechanical defects, view engine compartment for defects, and distinguish color of lights
- Ability to read and understand verbal and written instructions, written warnings and labels
- Ability to handle emergency situations
- Ability to interpret gauges, dipsticks for oil and transmission
Those interested must apply on-line at www.bbhcsd.org. Once at our district’s web site click on “District Information”, then “Employment”, then “Job Postings”. Locate this job posting and click on “Apply”.
Important Note: If you already have your on-line application submitted in the system you need only to go back in and designate your interest for this specific position. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Chris Pruchnicki at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 4006. Thank you.
NOTIFICATION DATE: June 18, 2019
The Brecksville-Broadview Heights Board of Education is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, handicap, disability or national origin in employment and in the educational programs and activities that it operates.