Substitute Health Paraprofessional Vacancy
K-12 - District Wide
Please read entire posting and requirements prior to applying
This position is for the Health Para Substitute Pool. This position is as needed throughout the school year, there is no guarantee of hours worked.
Additional training will be required for this position upon completion of Support Substitute Orientation.
January 17, 2019
New substitutes are required to participate in an orientation - dates to be determined
Responsible for daily care of ill or injured students. Maintain health files and assist district nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following statements of essential functions, responsibilities, frequencies, and percentages are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position. Actual duties, responsibilities, frequencies, and percentages may vary depending upon building assignments and other factors. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Care for ill and injured students.
- Administer medication as directed.
- Communicate with parents regarding the health needs of children.
- Input daily student log in current student file program.
- Assist and communicate with the school nurse.
- Monitor immunizations and follow-up on compliance.
- Maintain health files on each student and monitor doctor orders and care plans.
- Input health concerns, immunizations, vision and hearing results in current student database, and send appropriate referrals.
- Implement vision and hearing testing in building.
- Update and distribute health lists.
- Complete accident and "bump on the head" notes.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Some medical background desirable
- Ability and willingness to take directions
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Oral and Written communication skills
- English language skills
- Computer skills, keyboarding and processing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage tasks with multiple interruptions
- Ability to difuse and manage volitile and stressful situations
Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations:
- Criminal background check at time of hire.
- Valid Colorado driver license.
Materials and Equipment Operating Knowledge:
- Operating knowledge of current student data base program
Supervison and Technical Responsibilities:
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Terms of Employment - Nothing contained in this job description is intended to create any contractual obligations on the part of the substitute or the school district. Substitutes have the right to terminate their associations with the school district, with or without reason, and the school district retains the same right.
The entire application process is completed online. Please complete and upload all documents via the Applitrack system.
An orientation is required for all approved applicants prior to first assignment. Human Resources will email selected candidates to set up an orientation date.Application Instructions
For your application to be deemed complete, you must complete the following:
1. Answer all questions on the application including all disclosure questions.
2. Current Resume
District 49 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit the Office of Civil Rights for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.