This is a Part Time position
Under the general supervision of the Principal and Assistant Principal the substitute teacher is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, fun and thriving age appropriate classroom environment. Provide direct instruction to students using an established curriculum. Fill the role of either the assistant teacher or the lead teacher in the event of their absence. Bring a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, an ability to problem solve, and actively work with children and alongside teachers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (General overview and may not include all details of responsibilities)
- Support the Principal and Assistant Principal in maintaining a quality program that upholds the standards, goals, and overall mission of King’s Schools and the Preschool.
- Assist the lead teacher, assistant teacher and other staff with maintaining a well-functioning, safe and thriving learning environment.
- Work as a member of the teaching team to creatively solve problems and resolve concerns with students throughout the day. Give support to the teachers and positive guidance to the children.
- Perform job tasks independently and in a timely manner without direct supervision.
- Know and comply with the state regulations concerning a state licensed preschool and specifically how it impacts your job duties and responsibility in the classroom.
- Intentionally develop positive relationships with all teachers and staff.
- Represent yourself as a professional in Early Childhood Education and teacher to King’s Preschool standards to students and their families.
- Assist teachers in the classroom, on the playground and in the gym, and in lesson preparation and implementation.
- Communicate effectively, respectfully and in a professional manner with Director, Assistant Director, teachers and other King’s Preschool staff.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, students and their parents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Personal conduct that reflects well on CRISTA Ministries and supports our personal conduct policy
Perform all duties consistent with the CRISTA Ministries Mission Statement
- Profession that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
- Lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles.
- Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Doctrinal Statement.
- Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
Washington State Initial ECE Certificate (12 credits) or equivalent.
Two years prior experience working with children.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
- Negative Tb skin test prior to first day of work.
- Child/infant CPR and first aid
- HIV and blood borne pathogen training
- Proof of MMR vaccination and food handler’s permit.
- Proof of exemption of STARS basic 20 hour waiver or take the class within 3 months of hire date.
- Commitment to work with multi-ethnic, culturally diverse student and parent population.
- Able to work with the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintain confidentiality and composure in a busy, open setting.
- A patient, child-centered temperament, professionalism, and a team unity mind set.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly to young children as well as the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to teachers, parents, and supervisors.
- Flexible and able to change direction quickly in response to a variety of situations that can occur in the classroom.
- Able to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, students and their parents.