Following or creating lesson plans to deliver instruction laid out by the classroom teacher. Create an environment favorable to learning and personal growth. Help maintain effective rapport with pupils and motivates pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to obtain a good foundation for continuous achievement growth and development in the corresponding grade level. Establish effective rapport with students by assisting students in developing positive feelings toward themselves and others.
- Cooperates in the implementation of the district program of instruction.
- Follows or creates lesson plans that meet the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Institutes clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units and projects in accordance with curriculum goals and communicates objectives to students.
- Establishes and maintains a classroom environment conducive to learning by managing appropriate student behavior.
- Cooperates with staff and support personnel in helping students with health, attitude, learning and behavioral problems.
- Utilizes technology in the classroom
Other duties as assigned
Must have high school diploma or GED.
Must possess or be able to obtain a New Mexico Teaching License or Substitute Teaching License.
Please go to the Public Education Department's website to see how to obtain a license at https://webnew.ped.state.nm.us/bureaus/licensure/
Associated costs with obtaining a substitute license may include:
Background check through 3M Cogent ................... $44
Application Fees: (Educational Assistants, Substitute Teachers, Health Assistants & Athletic Coaches).......... $35
Bachelor's Degree or higher.
Applicants selected for substitute teacher positions will be notified of the next step.
Compensation varies based on experience and qualifications.
Powered by JazzHR