SUBSTITUTE THEATER TECHNICIAN
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of Community Schools and High School Principal or designee. Must be available evenings and weekends to run audio and visual equipment in the MLHS Theater for productions and ceremonies for intermittent assignments as needed.
LOCATION: Moses Lake High School Theater
Shift time: Varies (On call employee)
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- A.A. in related technology field and or at least two (2) years experience in Microsoft Windows platform and or Macintosh platform preferred.
- Professional theater technical direction or experience preferred.
- At least two productions professionally or academically serving as Technical Director, Asst. Technical Director, or Master Carpenter or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to lift 35-50 pounds at a time and work effectively on catwalks, ladder and lifts i !so required.
- Assuring that proper safety measures are followed, including regulations under OSHA and NFPA electrical and life safety codes: organizing, tracking and maintaining inventories of scenic elements, props, drapes, furniture, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Must have high expectations and standards of job performance and excellent attendance.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate the ability to work independently with a high degree of efficiency and attention to details.
- Ability to participate in the site-based decision-making process.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Occasionally: sit, lift and/or carry up to 65 lbs.
- Frequently: lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs; bend, squat, crawl, climb, reach above shoulder level and twist.
- Continuously: stand, walk, lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs.
- On a frequent basis, will be required to use both left and right hands for repetitive action such as grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulating.
The Moses Lake School District #161 does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the school district’s Title IX, Affirmative Action, and Equal Opportunity officer, Barbara Shimek, 920 W. Ivy Avenue, Moses Lake, WA, 98837, 509.793.7725, Email: email@example.com OR Section 504/ADA Coordinator, Dave Balcom, 1042 W. Ivy Avenue, Moses Lake, WA 98837, 509.793.7699, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.