The Alliance Data Summer Internship Program runs from May 20-Aug 9th in Columbus, OH.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
General Statement of Duties: The Finance Intern will work with various members of the Profitability team to assist with enhancing the overall day to day reporting needs as well as building and maintaining a SharePoint site. The intern will work with both the Global Profitability & Investments team and the Practice Profitability teams to support standardized analyses and adhoc analyses. This individual will also be expected to provide general support for department initiatives and objectives, as necessary.
Examples of Duties: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in this job.)
- Assists in the development and evaluation of financial reporting and variance analysis of investments and new/existing capabilities
- Supports the monthly reporting process, client/product profitability reviews, and detailed variance analysis
- Utilizes analytical skills to compile data, research and analyze financial information, and assist in streamlining and standardizing the reporting process of financial initiatives
- Supports the documentation of change in term (CIT) policies, procedures, and processes that improve consistency, accuracy, timeliness, and the strengthening of internal controls
- Completes ad hoc requests as needed
- Coordinates meetings for members of the GP&I team, including scheduling, agenda development, and meeting notes and follow-up
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Profitability analysis & reporting
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to accept direction and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Aptitude for attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of P&L and profitability metrics
- Ability to research, summarize, evaluate and interpret data
Education: 2 years of undergraduate work completed toward Finance, Accounting, or related field or equivalent experience
Alliance Data is a leading global provider of tailored marketing and loyalty solutions, delivered through branded credit programs that drive more profitable relationships between our brand partners and their cardmembers. We offer private label, co-brand, and commercial products to many of the world's most recognizable brands. We uphold our Know more. Sell more.® promise by leveraging unmatched customer insights, advanced analytics, and broad-reaching innovative capabilities. It's how we deliver increased sales to our partners, build enduring loyalty to their brands, and provide more value to our cardmembers.
- Alliance Data offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with all applicable laws.
- Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
To learn more, visit www.KnowMoreSellMore.com/careers
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.. . .