Visit the Jones|Carter career booth and learn why Jones|Carter is constantly ranked one of the Top Places to Work.
Established in 1976, Jones|Carter is an ENR Top 500 national engineering firm that specializes in both the public and private sectors. With over 450 employees and 9 locations throughout Texas, we are proud to provide an environment that allows our employees to grow and learn as a part of a collaborative team. We provide design and consulting expertise in Construction Services, Hydrology & Hydraulics, Land Planning, Site Development, Municipal & District Engineering, Surveying, Transportation, and Water & Wastewater.
- Under the direction of experienced engineers work on a variety of clearly defined assignments that require the application of standard design engineering techniques. These can include preparing civil engineering drawings, specifications, and estimates for design projects; working on construction projects and completing project tasks. The work builds technical skills in design calculations, reading and interpreting surveys, researching design options, writing technical reports, managing projects, basic CADD review and drafting, and communicating with members of teams.
- Manage assigned project tasks including preparing and updating project schedules and producing reports related to projects. May interact with other professionals and business units on project matters, under guidance.
- Produce documentation in relation to project and program needs including reviews, reports, submittals, correspondence, design releases, bid and contract documents and provide document control assistance for the group.
- Review project drawings/site plans for accuracy and completeness. Submit design changes for review by the team. Apply quality assurance as outlined in the QMP (Quality Management Plan) to design and review work.
- Attend and observe construction projects: Assist engineers on related tasks including field inspections, management of subcontractors and verifying contract completion stages and payments.
- Currently enrolled in a Civil Engineering Bachelor or Master's degree program: other ABET qualified programs may be considered
- At least 2 years completed towards degree
- AutoCAD skills or similar design program skills a plus.
Jones|Carter is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and its employees. The Company strictly prohibits all discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship status, protected activity or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Jones|Carter does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Jones|Carter will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Jones|Carter explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Jones|Carter.