NOTE: This positing will close on Friday, October 30th.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
ABOUT THE DALLAS FED:
At the Dallas Fed we serve the public by partnering with communities and businesses, promoting jobs and stable prices, and keeping your money safe and available. We welcome different perspectives, ideas, and experiences, and are committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse culture. As part of the nation's central bank, we are committed to improving the economy and our communities. Are you ready to make a difference?
Learn more about the Dallas Fed: www.dallasfed.org/fed .
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
We offer paid, full-time summer internships for many majors, with fulfilling work and opportunities to grow. To help launch your career, we provide dedicated staff mentors. You'll also learn from senior leaders and industry experts. As part of the Federal Reserve System, you'll be connected to a professional network that spans the nation. You will begin in early June and will be based in the Dallas office.
Learn more about our internship program: www.dallasfed.org/internships .
ABOUT YOUR TEAM:
Digital Communications and Design partners across the Eleventh District to shape effective communications that advance the Bank's priorities. We are seeking a self-directed, creative digital/graphic design student interested in advancing their skill set and gaining real-world experience. The digital design intern will be a fully integrated member of the design team and will work with them to develop and shape a variety of projects. This internship is a paid position. The ideal candidate is a curious, innovative thinker-with a strong, well-executed portfolio-who has excellent communication skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assist our design team with projects including: branding, event collateral, marketing materials, infographics, and production design
- Collaborate with designers and clients to support campaigns and conferences
- Take the initiative as design lead on internal projects and interact with clients from concept pitch to execution
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Must be a junior or senior pursuing a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a graphic design or emerging technology program.
- Coursework or experience in communications and/or graphic design.
- A well-designed resume and a portfolio are required. The portfolio should show an effective variety of media for school and freelance projects.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, motion design and storyboarding a plus
- Ability to prioritize and pay high attention to detail
- Creative mindset with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a variety of people
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Social Media savvy
- Computer proficiency in Mac OS and Microsoft Office Windows
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is a plus
OUR BENEFITS FOR INTERNS:
- Free access to 1,400 ft 2 fitness center (open 24/7)
- Free parking garage onsite just for Bank staff
- Free DART public transportation passes
- Café and dining options onsite
- Dress for your day
OUR VIRTUAL BENEFITS:
- Flexible location and hours
- Free LinkedIn Learning account
- Professional development opportunities
- One-on-one Senior Management engagement across District
- Broader networking opportunities across District
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (40 hours/ week). Some additional hours may be required
Employment is contingent upon the selected candidate passing a background check and drug screen. Candidates will be required to submit at least three references and submit fingerprints prior to employment.
If you need special accommodations during your interview process, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.