Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2020
Location: Oakland, CA
SiriusXM + Pandora have joined together to create the world's largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it!
We are seeking an economist intern for our advertising science team. The summer internship consists of applying novel analysis methodologies to one of our ongoing field experiments with the hope that it will be published in the economics or marketing literatures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Complete research that will provide long-term value to the advertising business at SiriusXM + Pandora. Areas of interest include measuring advertising effectiveness, optimizing SiriusXM + Pandora's marketing spend, measuring the impact of advertising on consumer listening behavior, setting prices for various types of advertising, and market design for digital audio advertising.
* Perform other duties as required.
* You must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must be enrolled in a college, university or trade school to qualify. Recent graduates may also be considered.
* Pursuing PhD in economics, statistics or related quantitative field (ideally 1-2 years away from finishing).
Requirements and General Skills:
* Background in statistics and experimental design.
* Familiarity with market design and/or matching theory.
* Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Applied research &/or design and execution of large-scale quantitative experiments and analyses.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience with: R, Python (scientific libraries), or other scientific computing language.
* Familiarity with Hadoop.
* Familiarity with SQL queries.
Please note that all SiriusXM + Pandora internships are paid.
SiriusXM + Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled