Position: Summer Engineering Intern 2020 Location: Portland Metro
Position Description: MFA is seeking a s seeking a paid summer intern to work in our Portland office during the summer of 2020 for approximately 3 months.
The ideal candidate will have experience and interest in civil and/or environmental engineering, plus many of the following: hydrology; hydraulic modeling, analysis and design; utility design and layout; natural resource enhancement/mitigation; AutoCAD design software, preferably Civil 3D; and remediation and site development design. The candidate should have an interest in land use development, industrial site cleanup and brownfield redevelopment. You may be involved in design, permitting, specifications, quantity calculations, report and proposal writing, and cost estimating.This internship will provide you an immersion in the professional consulting setting and alongside with our talented team.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the below minimum requirements, please apply!
- Enrolled in a degree program related to civil or environmental engineering
- Sound technical capabilities and organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Aptitude for using AutoCAD design software, specifically Civil 3D
- Willingness to work overtime, as necessary
- Ability to perform physical duties including, but not limited to, lifting, use of respiratory equipment and other protective gear, and traversing rough terrain.
Company Background: Maul Foster & Alongi is a well-established Pacific Northwest consulting firm with diversified service offerings and a core purpose of improving the communities in which we live and work. We offer environmental services for public and private clients that include groundwater investigation and remediation ranging from the simple to the complex. We also offer advanced GIS analytics, industrial hygiene, civil engineering, planning, and communications services. We are 100 employees strong throughout Washington, Idaho, and Oregon. MFA is 100% employee owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Please visit www.maulfoster.com for more information about our company.