Are you looking to make a big impact in a part time job? How would you like teach children how to fence and get paid for it!
Youth Enrichment League instructors make a difference by bringing their "Can-Do", enthusiastic attitude and our robust curriculum to school children each and every day.
Our part time FencingInstructors instruct children in grades 2-12 the basics of fencing.
Instructors should be looking for part time work , enjoy working with children and have reliable transportation. Our ideal candidate already has some fencing experience, or a great desire to learn fencing. Training is provided by Youth Enrichment League through Olympic Bronze Medal Winning Coach, Ro Sobalvarro who was recently inducted into the US Fencing Hall of Fame.
- This is a part time job. Instructors typically work 3 hours per day, 4 days per week. This comes to 12 hours per camp week plus paid prep time. On occasion, the instructor will have two camps running in the same week, one during the morning and one during the afternoon.
- Summer sessions run between mid-June through mid-August. Classes are typically 9:00am-12:00pm or 1:00-4:00pm.
- We are primarily interested in dynamic personalities who want to make a difference in a child's day.
- Experience working with children is preferred.
- Experience examples include:youth summer camps, youth coaching, Sunday School instruction, baby sitting, having children of your own, etc.
- Experience in Fencing is a plus, but not required.
SUPPLIES & TRAINING:
- Instructors are given all the supplies they need to flourish in a school setting. Supplies include: masks, jackets, foils, gloves, and chest protectors for up to 20 students per class. This particular class is very supply intensive. Most instructors have an SUV or Van to haul supplies from one school to the next.
- Paid training includes an orientation highlighting our policies and expectations of our instructors as well as class specific training. Fencing Instructors have ongoing training with Coach Ro consisting of a two day training session held once per quarter.
- Training pay rate is $10 per hour.
YEL Instructors will have the following responsibilities:
- Be EARLY - Instructors are required and paid to arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled class time
- Be PREPARED - YEL provides pre-packaged lessons. Instructors prepare for each lesson.
- Be SAFE - YEL instructors follow our safety guidelines as well as school safety guidelines.
- Be FRIENDLY - A smile and a healthy dose of enthusiasm go a long way.
- Be ENGAGING - YEL instructors engage students to THINK, LEARN and PLAY WELL each and every class.
YEL Instructors must possess the following qualifications:
- Availability summer weekday (9:00am-4:00pm)
- A reliable vehicle
- A valid Drivers License and ability to transport and store supplies needed to teach class.
- A sincere desire to make a big impact on children's lives
- Ability to organize and implement pre-packaged lesson plans
NOTE: Background check is required
Please include previous experience working with groups of children in Cover Letter if not on Resume.