Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2021
Location: Atlanta, GA/Oakland, CA
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
SiriusXM + Pandora is looking for an Ad Operations Developer intern to play an important role in developing front-end solutions and improving existing tools that are critical to Pandora’s Ad Tech and Traffic teams. This opportunity will also provide exposure to the technical fundamentals of digital advertising operations in Pandora's fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. The candidate will be able to familiarize themselves with ad serving systems/platforms, third party ad servers/tags, measurement, and internal technical support documentation for client-facing teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build front end tools and showcase your sense of good UX/UI design. Key tool sets that help our teams’ efficiency are also in need of an overhaul.
• Get familiar with digital advertising, through an industry-leading audio publisher.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Traffic, Ad Product, Engineering, Client Services, Business Process Management, Revenue Operations.
• You must be 18 years of age or older.
• Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
• Strong academic credentials, solid understanding of software development, and personal responsibility for testing the code you write
Requirements and General Skills:
• Software design and development project work, including web-application and server-side development
• Be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills
• Must be capable of managing time well and working collaboratively
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must love music!
• Internship or work-related experience with digital advertising
• Passion or interest in ad technology
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Previous experience in software development - work projects, internships, summer jobs, etc.
• Experience working with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience working with back-end databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL) using SQL
Please note that all SiriusXM + Pandora internships are paid.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.