SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary as a company on Earth Day 2020! Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
SCS is seeking a Summer 2020 Intern at the Miami, Florida office. SCS’s goal is to provide a student Intern with valuable technical and engineering business experience through our diverse range of projects for the clients we serve. In addition, we believe this opportunity provides a student Intern the ability to explore the beginnings of his or her own career path. An intern will work with us on soil and groundwater remediation, brownfield redevelopment, site development, and sustainability projects. Interns will work 40 hours per week typically. The paid Internship will start in May/June 2020 and end in August/September 2020. Exact start and end dates will be determined to fit with your school schedule. Please note that we are reviewing candidates through the end of February and hope to have the interview process complete by the beginning of April.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An intern will contribute to our projects by assisting SCS project teams with the following tasks:
- Environmental (groundwater, soil and surface water) and construction materials sample collection
- Laboratory data management and review
- Reporting and calculation preparation
- CAD drafting
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil, Environmental or Geological Engineering, Geology or Environmental Science and graduating by June 2022 required
- Must be willing to live in the Miami area for Summer 2020 (housing will not be provided)
- Solid technical and computer skills (AutoCAD experience is a plus)
- Previous leadership experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Great attention to detail and solid judgment
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record in good standing required
- Ability to travel overnight for work outside of the SCS office required
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at firstname.lastname@example.org.