EILEEN FISHER creates simple, timeless shapes designed to work together effortlessly, season after season. We make our clothes to last—and then take them back to be reworn again or remade into entirely new designs. We believe in the fundamental potential of every person—our employees, our customers and those who make our clothes—and are committed to creating conditions that empower people. It’s all part of our commitment to doing business in a way that helps build a better industry. And a better future. Our clothes are sold at over 65 EILEEN FISHER retail stores, and 1,000 department and specialty stores internationally, as well as 2 RENEW stores, which feature gently worn and remade designs from our take-back program. EILEEN FISHER is one of the largest women’s fashion companies to be a certified B Corporation, which means we voluntarily meet high criteria for social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
The EILEEN FISHER Internship Program cultivates the professional and personal development of our interns through meaningful immersion in our organization and culture.Interns gain valuable knowledge and hands-on work experience, while developing useful skills, building their resumes, and expanding their professional networks.
Assist in the design and production of website, social media, and email assets for wholesale, retail and web.
This is a paid internship.
- Develop advanced skills in the adobe creative suite
- Learn communication skills and design skills that better facilitate collaborations
- Learn better ways to stay organized as a designer
- By working on a breadth of creative assets will help familiarize them with the daily work of a seasoned designer.
- Learn how a photoshoot is concepted and produced
- Develop deeper retouching expertise
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intern would work with the art photography team both the production, digital and print sides
- The intern would assist with the production of social media projects, direct mail, digital ads, organizing or folders- assigning thumbnails to certain folders
- Lay out digital assets
- Join our weekly team meetings to see how our team collaborates together
- Work directly with senior, junior and production designers
- File organization and prep for designers and production artists
- Pull and resize photos for web use
- Prepare web files in Adobe Photoshop
- Export and prepare files for web development
- Light retouching and file set up for retoucher
PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS AS REQUIRED.
- Education desired: Graphic design, Visual Design or Art
- Intermediate skills in the Adobe creative suite, specifically Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator
- Flash and XD is a bonus
- Experience working in a group
- Detail oriented as production work requires attention to details.
- Ability to stay organized and learn quickly