We are currently seeking an intern to support the Marketing department in several of our Harper imprints, including Harper, HarperBusiness, and Harper Wave. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the process from marketing research to media pitches.
The HarperCollins Summer Internship Program is a paid 10-week program which runs from June 10 through August 15. All interns work Monday through Thursday, for a total of 28 hours per week. As a HarperCollins intern, you will learn about the entire publishing process - following one book from beginning to end while hearing from the people who worked on it in our weekly lunch and learn series (lunch is provided!). You will work on a publishing project throughout the summer with your fellow interns and have the opportunity to present your findings to senior staff. There are plenty of opportunities to network including an icebreaker bowling trip, and the end of the program culminates with a presentation called “How to Get a Job in Publishing” – offering advice on your resume, cover letter, interview, and networking.
- Researching blogs for key campaign outreach.
- Coordinating mailings to booksellers, bloggers, and social media influencers.
- Prepping materials for key weekly and seasonal marketing meetings.
- Creating engaging posts for our imprint’s official social media channels.
- Must be a rising senior, grad student, or graduate
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical reading and writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Is detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Passion for book publishing
- Applications MUST have a cover letter
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.