KDAF-The CW Station in Dallas/Fort Worth internship program is designed for students currently enrolled at a college or university who are interested in the media business. Relocation or temporary Housing is NOT available with these internships!
The candidate should have a proven track record of completing projects efficiently, be detail-oriented, and possess the ability to think outside-the- box to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization. In your time with us, you will learn how a production studio operates, as well as day-to- day skills on how to support teams and projects
Things you will learn:
- Work alongside producers and production leads on multiple live and pre-recorded shows
- Publishing to web AND social media
- Curating/prepping media for in-show use and editing/prepping social media clips
- Operating within a broadcast multicam production and other studio functions
- Currently attending an accredited college and have achieved junior or senior status
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to meet the minimum time commitment for the internship program during normal and early business hours Monday- Friday
- Must be computer literate, and have experience using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience working in a studio is a plus.
- Must present a letter from College or University verifying enrollment and number of credits to be earned if accepted in to our program.
- Apply online - including a Resume and Cover Letter (Directions below)
- A cover letter must be submitted with the resume to be considered for an internship.
- Note: Applications will only be accepted from college students currently enrolled at a college or university.
- Resume and cover letter accepted only through our online application system. To apply, please visit our website at https://cw33.com/careers or at email@example.com
- No Phone calls.
If selected for an interview, you will need to provide the following:
Letter from the Internship Advisor or Professor of the program at the College or University you attend, which indicates certification of college academic credit to be awarded upon successful completion of the internship.
Internships are paid at the current hourly minimum wage rate ($7.25 per hour). If accepted into our program, you will need to present eligibility to work in the U.S. based on the Department of Homeland Security’s I-9 form.
Exact days and dates are determined by the student’s schedule; however, student must commit to the minimum hours requirement. The duration of the internship will be determined by the requirements of the college/ to earn college credit. If the college/university requires more than 200 hours in order to earn college credit, this internship would not be an option.