Under the supervision of the Camp Operations Director coordinates and directs the use of YMCA Camp for weekend/conference groups, summer day camp, family camps, camp store and other groups and programs. Ensures the safety and welfare of all campers.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Ensure procedures, policies and public relations at all times.
- Responsible for the continued development, implementation, growth and evaluation of all assigned camp programs to include Weekend/Conference Program, Summer Day Camp, Family Camps, Banquets, and other programs as developed.
- Serve as resident host to facilitate a quality experience for all groups. (Includes weekends & nights)
- Responsible for overseeing adventure/challenge/high ropes activities within programs.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising part-time and/or seasonal staff that are needed to facilitate camp programs within assigned departments.
- Work closely with the Food Service Manager to coordinate food service to camper groups.
- Act as a team member, working closely with other staff on all interrelated matters.
- Responsible for a budget and for achieving revenue goals and for controlling expenses.
- Responsible for the marketing of camp programs. This includes preparation and dissemination of camp literature as well as communicating in person and on the phone to potential user groups.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate files and records.
- Responsible for maintaining the proper use of all camp equipment.
- Work with the Camp Operations Director to learn all facets of camp programming and operations beyond weekend/conference, day camp and family camp programs.
Bachelor's degree plus previous YMCA resident camp experience. Previous training and experience in high ropes courses and adventure/challenge programs required. Must be energetic person committed to the YMCA mission. Willing to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends. This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills.