As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Voya Investment Management (Voya IM) is the asset management business of Voya Financial, a Fortune 500 company with over 6,000 employees seeking to help clients plan, invest and protect their savings. As of September 30, 2018, Voya IM manages approximately $212 billion* in assets across Fixed Income, Senior Loans, Equities, Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions, Private Equity, and Real Assets. Drawing on over 40 years of experience and the expertise of 250+ investment professionals, Voya IM’s capabilities span traditional products and solutions as well as those that cannot be easily replicated by an index.
Voya IM’s award-winning culture is deeply rooted in a client-centric approach to helping investors meet their goals — from insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, and consultants to intermediaries, and individual investors. Reliability is why our clients hire us and it is why they trust us to navigate the path ahead.
Job PurposeProvide investment analysis supporting new investment in private below investment grade opportunities and restructuring activities on existing portfolio.
Key ResponsibilitiesNew Investment
- Compile and evaluate information in order to underwrite credit/investment characteristics of potential direct, syndicated and secondary corporate credit transactions in the Middle Market, Private Placement Market, Project Finance and Special Situations.
- Perform due diligence through conversations with company management, on-site visits of company’s facilities and customer/supplier/vendor calls.
- Develop/Analyze deal term sheets/proposals, evaluate merits of investments on relative value basis.
- Present conclusions and recommendations regarding investment decisions.
- Follow developments in the capital markets including public high-yield market, senior bank loan market and investment grade market to ensure relative value.
Documents, Monitoring and Closing
- Streamlining information flow and effective reporting and presentation of team’s deal trackers
- Updating / reconciling Return on Investment figures related to current as well as realized holdings
- Assist in managing and improving processes related to compiling team’s long-term track record
- Support team in negotiations with borrowers, lenders and other investors during restructuring discussions.
- Prepare, compare and contrast recovery rates in distressed assets using fundamental analysis, comp analysis and liquidation analysis of borrowers.
- Interact with financial advisors and legal advisors to supplement financial analysis.
- Conduct and present industry research, analyze borrower’s competitive position in the marketplace and analyze company’s future prospects in that context.
- Assist in preparation of credit memoranda for presentation to internal committees.
- Actively pursuing a Master’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related field,
- Good understanding of financial statements, capital structures and accounting concepts
- Ability to learn quickly and perform a variety of different functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to perform as a strong teammate
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.